Each year I make it a goal to be done by my holiday shopping before the end of November – it’s really helpful for taking some of the stress out of the holiday season and gives you some time back to enjoy all of the festivities and holiday happenings throughout December. I spent some time last week on my vacation making that happen and I’m already feeling relieved to be done (although I’m dreading wrapping, it’s not my thing!). Over the years I’ve created a little system to help make shopping as efficient as possible and wanted to share my 3 key rules of holiday shopping with you in case they’re helpful while you make your list and check it twice:
- 尽早开始：如前所述，我要尽早开始，并在假期前进。While I can’t necessarily shop throughout the year due to living in a small space, I’ll keep a running list of gift ideas in the Notes app on my phone, where I can jot down anything that comes to mind or snap a quick photo of something I see while out and about. Once November rolls around I officially begin thinking Christmas and start finalizing my plan so I can do all of my shopping online and take advantage of sales and free shipping to make everything easy.
- 井井有条并设定预算：我喜欢每年创建一个带有我需要购物的名字的Google Doc，以及我预算在每个人身上花费的东西。当我准备购物时，我使用Doc来跟踪每个物品的链接和价格的礼物创意，以便在进行任何购买之前都可以井井有条。这使我很容易看到我要去购物的人，以及我花了多少钱来避免预算超出预算或忘记我的清单上的任何人。
- 避免冲动销售购买：像大多数人一样，我喜欢一笔好的销售，但也发现它们是购买您不需要的东西或在假日购物中超支的陷阱，因为这是“不错的交易”。Keeping track of what I’m planning to buy ahead of time makes it easy for me to click over to each retailer’s website to check and see if that item (or anything similar) is on sale and be really intentional with my sale buys versus the endless browsing of sale items that’s likely to lead to over-shopping, or shopping for myself
- J. Crew：使用Code TGIF 50％折扣
- 西榆树：Code Savemore最多可享受30％的折扣